Keeping your reservoir clean is key to prolonging its life and keeping your water tasting fresh. HydraPak reservoirs are top-shelf dishwasher safe and most are fully reversible, which makes cleaning and drying a breeze.
Reverse by placing your hand in the reservoir, grab the bottom, and pull it back through the top opening, just like turning a sock inside-out. The molded opening can also be flipped after the reservoir body has been reversed. Then, throw it in the dishwasher or rinse with mild soap and water. Make sure to let the reservoir dry out completely while reversed.
The Shape-Shift features a removable baffle which locks for a slim profile and increased stabilization. When unlocked it reverses for easy cleaning - place it on the top-shelf of your dishwasher or rinse with mild soap and water. Make sure to let the reservoir dry out completely while reversed.
Many of our brand partners use a fixed baffle reservoir called the Shape-Loc. It can only be reversed up until the baffle is exposed but is still simple to clean. We recommend either using a bottle brush or Bottle Bright.
Method One - Fill your reservoir with warm water and use a bottle brush along with mild soap to scrub it clean. Rinse well and hang it upside down to dry.
Method Two - Fill your reservoir with warm water and drop in one or two Bottle Bright tablets, slide the top close and let sit for fifteen to thirty minutes (depending on the amount of residue). Rinse and hang upside down to dry.
TUBE & BITE VALVE CLEANING
All of our components are removable for easy cleaning:
- Disconnect the drink tube from the reservoir
- Grasp the bite valve in one hand and tube in the other then pull the valve firmly to remove the bite valve from the tube
- Gently remove the silicone sheath from the valve and clean with Bottle Bright or mild soap and water
- Clean the inside of the tube by inserting the Hydrapak Tube Brush in the open end of the tube and scrub
- After drying the components, carefully reattach the sheath to the valve and re-install